Telegram Without Phone Number
You need some phone number to use Telegram, but it doesn't have to be the number of the phone on which the Telegram client is installed. IIRC it doesn't even have to be a mobile number, land line would work as well. So the best options would be using a land line number or getting a cheap or free prepaid sim card (in Germany you can get free sim cards from o2, don't know about other countries).
I would really really like to know exactly how this works.
I'm in Australia, it puts the correct country code, I've tried my phone number with and without an area code, with and without a leading zero, and in both the Telegram desktop app and the website.
Generally, the one who has control over the SIM also has control over the account. However, you can use 2-Step-Verification to set up an addition password only you know, to lock everyone else out. Getting an own SIM is still the better way to go though.
Something I personally found out, and if you live in the US and have a Google account, you can easily get a Google Voice number for free. This is able to receive texts and stuff. I actually have a second Telegram account using Google Voice along with my cell number. Just make sure you keep it active!
What about Telegram Bots? Could this be an alternative for using the service without a phone number? It would take some coding skill for sure but I have yet to look in to all the features/benefits of using Telegram Bots. Anyone experienced with this/ know if it's a way to have more than one account?
Its possible, but your user has to have a "bot" at the end of its name.
I'm surprised nobody has suggested Google Voice yet, I just used it to set up a phone number and then a Telegram account
I actually already have an account, and I have some friends on there but the last thing I want is my family finding out I have one. Just for privacy reasons, really. They always stumble upon these kind of apps.
I can't use Google Voice to get a phone number, because I live in Australia unfortunately. What options do I have?
Yeeeah, I figured this a little while after I wrote the post, lol. Currently I'm using Burner for a disposable number and it works quite well so far, although there's the inevitability of the number being recycled when my time with it expires, so I feel like my best bet may be to sign up for Google Voice using a proxy and test that out.
Save time before you call Fort Worth Star-Telegram
GetHuman collects the best phone numbers and shortcuts for companies, but we also have how-to guides for common customer issues. Or you can hire us to call Fort Worth Star-Telegram for you and help with your issue. Start by telling us why you're calling.
Tell us why you're calling Fort Worth Star-Telegram
GO
Here are some reasons that other Fort Worth Star-Telegram customers called 800-776-7827 recently:
"did not get paper today"GetHuman-jzspurlo2 mons ago
"Issue with Fort Worth Star-Telegram"GetHuman-tesscalf2 mons ago
"Didn't get my newspaper yesterday"GetHuman-genatow6 mons ago
And these are some very popular reasons why other people call this Fort Worth Star-Telegram number
My paper was not delivered
Ready to call Fort Worth Star-Telegram?
If you've looked at the wait time and tried our expert customer tools above and decided that getting on the phone with Fort Worth Star-Telegram is your best option, we have more info about contacting them that might help you.
We have a few other tricks to try if you're calling Fort Worth Star-Telegram, and if you are already viewing this on a phone or call-capable device, then you can click or tap below to just start a call.
Have Fort Worth Star-Telegram call you instead
Call Fort Worth Star-Telegram using our web-phone
Dial 800-776-7827 now
Did you already call Fort Worth Star-Telegram?
If you're already on the phone with Fort Worth Star-Telegram, you may want to look over any tips we have for getting better results. If you already talked to a Fort Worth Star-Telegram rep (or several), let us know if you were able to resolve your issue and how your experience was- it's how we customers push companies like Fort Worth Star-Telegram to give better customer support.
My problem isn't fixed after calling them
Review your phone call to Fort Worth Star-Telegram support
Here are some things that other customers said after calling 800-776-7827 and talking to a Fort Worth Star-Telegram customer service agent:
"7:25AM to 9:00AM on 24/7 line."~Donaa yr ago
"Very polite, very patient wit"anonymous2y ago
"I dialed the 800 number and cl"~REH2y ago
More Fort Worth Star-Telegram 800 numbers and support
This is the best and only way to contact Fort Worth Star-Telegram according to 47347 GetHuman users.
If you have a news tip or would like to tell us about an event, click here to share your news with the Long Beach Press-Telegram.
Subscriptions/Delivery
To report a delivery issue, make a payment, place a vacation hold, or make a change to your subscription, contact our circulation department at 562-499-1222 or via e-mail at service@langnews.com or see circulation/delivery contacts below.
Estimated delivery times:
7:00 a.m. Monday through Saturday. 8:00 a.m. Sunday.
Customer Service Hours:
Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday 7 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. Sunday 8 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Advertising
To make an advertising inquiry or to place an ad, contact our advertising department at (562) 499-1382 or see advertising contacts below.
Editorial
To suggest a story or request a correction, call our newsroom at 562-499-1337, e-mail ptnews@presstelegram.com or see our list of editorial contacts below.
ontact Telegraph Media Group
Welcome to Telegraph Media Group. Here you can find the answers to many common questions about the company and its products, as well as information on how to contact us.
Email
Telegraphg Media Group
12:29PM GMT 26 Mar 2009
Please select the appropriate topic which relates to your enquiry for further contact details.
Advertising
Back Issues
Content Licensing and Syndication
Editorial
Email disclaimer
Media Enquiries
Moderation
Photo and Cartoon print sales
Products & Services
Registration, commenting on Telegraph.co.uk and My Telegraph
Student Enquiries
Subscriptions
Telegraph Fantasy Games
Telegraph Mobile
If your question has not been answered using the above, please click here for additional contact details.
CSupergroups 5000: Public Groups, Pinned Posts
Telegram is famous for its awesome group chats. Today’s update makes them even more awesome. To begin with, we’re increasing the number of people who can join a supergroup from 1000 to 5000 members. That's 5 times as good.
Supergroup admins can now inform all members about important news using pinned messages. Pinned messages are displayed at the top of the chat screen. All members will get a notification — even if they muted ordinary messages from the group.
A pinned message
A pinned message
Starting today, supergroups can become public and get a short link, like telegram.me/publictestgroup. This way, anybody can view the group's entire chat history and join to post messages.
A public group
A public group
We know what you’re thinking. What about spammers? To prevent potential spam issues, we're introducing powerful moderation tools for group admins. From now on, they can quickly delete all messages from a specific member, block and report them.
New admin tools
New tools for admins
These features work only in supergroups, but starting today, any group can be converted to a supergroup by its creator. Group admins are now shown in group members’ lists, so ping your group admin if you think this would be cool.
Good old groups still work great for smaller communities, so there's no need to convert your group right away.
And that's it for today, watch out for more updates coming soon!
March 13, 2016
The Telegram Team
P.S. Please note that we’ll be rolling out public groups gradually. They’re already live in Europe and America, but are currently not available in several countries in Asia, from which we detected significant spam activity in the past.
We’ll be making the feature available in more countries as we improve our anti-spam algorithms and scale our abuse team.
I would really really like to know exactly how this works.
I'm in Australia, it puts the correct country code, I've tried my phone number with and without an area code, with and without a leading zero, and in both the Telegram desktop app and the website.
Generally, the one who has control over the SIM also has control over the account. However, you can use 2-Step-Verification to set up an addition password only you know, to lock everyone else out. Getting an own SIM is still the better way to go though.
Something I personally found out, and if you live in the US and have a Google account, you can easily get a Google Voice number for free. This is able to receive texts and stuff. I actually have a second Telegram account using Google Voice along with my cell number. Just make sure you keep it active!
What about Telegram Bots? Could this be an alternative for using the service without a phone number? It would take some coding skill for sure but I have yet to look in to all the features/benefits of using Telegram Bots. Anyone experienced with this/ know if it's a way to have more than one account?
Its possible, but your user has to have a "bot" at the end of its name.
I'm surprised nobody has suggested Google Voice yet, I just used it to set up a phone number and then a Telegram account
